How to handle almost entire team showing up late for game?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team gets there an hour early. I used to watch their warmup but for the last few years I have decided to limit my annoyance to the games so I just either a) take a nap in the car if it is the 1st game or b) go watch other games.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
DD's team gets there an hour early. I used to watch their warmup but for the last few years I have decided to limit my annoyance to the games so I just either a) take a nap in the car if it is the 1st game or b) go watch other games.

Lol - I just pictured you throwing a water bottle at the warm-up...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Sorry to jump in to this after 10 pages and I don't have time to read all of the other responses. This is a situation where you have to communicate with the parents. The players can't help their situation. If parents want their dds to play in TB then an appropriate expectation is that the team is there to win games. That begins with proper preparation prior to each game. Personally I wouldn't have any problem letting parents know of my concerns. ;):cool::eek:

Aug 1, 2019
MN
DD and I had many mornings of hitting the road by 4:30-5:00 to get to 7:00 warm-ups. Fortunately at that time of morning the traffic and law enforcement were pretty light so we made good time. We were usually among the first ones there, making the late girls who lived 10 minutes away look bad. Doing things right meant something to DD and I.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut