How many tourneys to play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
We try to play a couple of friendlies in March and then average 2 April-July. Take a little time off and play 4 or so in early fall. 1 a month is a little light unless that's what your parents and coached want to do.

Jun 12, 2013
We are also starting out as a brand new 14U team this fall and I have been wrestling this question. Our current plan is to play in a weekly double header league against other local travel teams, and then play a tourney every 3 weeks or so. The league is a 12 week double header league and then a single elimination bracket tournament. That would give us about 50 games a year. The league also plays on Monday evenings, so on weekends that we play a tourney the girls will turn right around on Monday and play a double header. I have some concern about overworking pitchers. Seems like a lot of other folks here are doing closer to 80 games a year though, so should we plan on adding some more tournaments?

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
We are also starting out as a brand new 14U team this fall and I have been wrestling this question. Our current plan is to play in a weekly double header league against other local travel teams, and then play a tourney every 3 weeks or so. The league is a 12 week double header league and then a single elimination bracket tournament. That would give us about 50 games a year. The league also plays on Monday evenings, so on weekends that we play a tourney the girls will turn right around on Monday and play a double header. I have some concern about overworking pitchers. Seems like a lot of other folks here are doing closer to 80 games a year though, so should we plan on adding some more tournaments?

Don't forget many times Tournament games are only 4-5 innings. Unless your only throwing 1 pitcher, it shouldn't be too much to have games on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad