How many rain outs so far?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2019
Our 14U summer season starts June 1, because that's the day after HS district tournaments and many players are free to play on their summer teams.

We start practices mid-April (after Easter) and ideally plan for 3 practices per week. Under that schedule we should have 9 practices in. With rain the last several weeks, we've gotten 2 in.

Jun 8, 2016
I think DD has played in 3 full tournaments and had 2.5 rained out, They had the best two weather days you are going to have this weekend but rain earlier in the week made the fields unplayable apparently.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Daughter's DIII team lost 8 games to weather this season. Non-conference games that were rained out just don't get rescheduled when you have to cram in conference games that were also rained out earlier in the season.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD's HS team has had five or six and had one tourney cancelled plus one shortened. We advanced to regionals this Friday and Saturday and are looking at a 60% chance of rain both days. Looks like a long weekend because they have to get these in to determine who makes the state tourney next week starting Wednesday.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
My DD's team in Seattle has had two rainouts I think, both in the same week. Could have been worse, but a few games on turf infields allowed them to avoid rainouts.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Playoffs are already playing the 2nd round games. Some teams had some rain outs in February and March.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles