How many rain outs so far?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
We can't seem to catch a break in the weather to get any games in. So far this spring DD's high school team has had 11 games cancelled. Our home field had ducks in the outfield yesterday lol. As of right now next week shows rain from Tuesday through Saturday, which almost carries us to the end of the season.

Jun 14, 2018
We have played one league game so far and it looks like we will not get another one in. The fields flooded in late March early April with about 2' of water on them. Now after the recent rains it looks like they will have somewhere between 5'-10' of water on them.

We do play in local and travel tournaments so the team has got to play.

Jun 12, 2015
I don't even know. This has been our worst year for rain outs and this weekend isn't looking so hot either. We had I think 5 chances to qualify for PGF (we want to play in the southeastern championship in Nashville) and I think 3 of them were rained out or partially rained out. We ended up driving almost to Nashville last weekend to play in a tournament with a berth just for playing (and btw, TN PGF umpires are freaking amazing - I don't want to play in GA anymore now. Couldn't believe the difference decent, well trained umpires made). Awful year for rain.

Jun 11, 2012
We’ve had a bunch of college games rescheduled but got them all in. Sadly, we were all wearing winter coats last night at her playoff game because it was 42 degrees.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Rain, snow & cold is wreaking havoc out here! The DD's are traveling for a tourney this weekend and it should be decent weather. Next weekend is already seriously in doubt though given the forecast...

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Would you believe right now it is zero... This week was looking a little sketchy, but it didn't rain on game day. Go Florida :)

Regional Semi Final next Wednesday

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We can't seem to catch a break in the weather to get any games in. So far this spring DD's high school team has had 11 games cancelled. Our home field had ducks in the outfield yesterday lol. As of right now next week shows rain from Tuesday through Saturday, which almost carries us to the end of the season.
We were at the fields very early this morning. Believe it or not, we were trying to get some of the small puddles off and a spot shower hit us. Unbelievable! We have called the tournament off. Our AD tried to walk out onto the field and got about five feet out when his new leather shoes got messed up.

For all others, and Mudrunner knows this, we host a very nice tournament each year. For us, it gives us a chance to see the various teams out there that we might encounter in the post season. It is too bad that it is rained out.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
3 out of 3 weekend tournaments cancelled. We've played one reschedule on Easter weekend.

DS basebal league has been more fortunate. 1 missed game so far, but mainly by luck of schedule. Other teams have missed 3 or 4 games.

Jun 14, 2018
This weekend in St. Charles MO was called as well! Since Sunday I have just over 4" of rain at the house.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I scheduled 32 Varsity games this year. So far, we've played 9. There are only 2 more originally scheduled games on the schedule. Most of the canceled games are rain outs, but others are games schools had to cancel to make up conference games. I've rescheduled four games for after we expect to be eliminated from the state tournament (or we play tournament games, so either way we play on those days).

If we play every game that's left on the schedule, we'll finish with only 15 games, not counting the tournament.

JV is only going to get to play 5 (I had 16 or 17 originally scheduled).

This has been a miserable year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles