How many pitchers is too many?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
At the 12u age, there are very few injuries and girls don't miss games. It's quite remarkable. Most every girl has 100% attendance. I have been told (and believe it) that at older ages that changes.
How many players have you noticed leaving 12u teams mid season? Or are you saying that players don't quit 12u teams 100% attendance?

Even with the amount of players here in Southern California multiple times teams are scrapping around for players because there are player Shuffles. It is not in common to have 16 on a 12u roster.

14u is definitely different than 12u.

14u add high school and teenage stuff. And prepping for college consideration plus showcasing.

Oct 4, 2018
How many players have you noticed leaving 12u teams mid season? Or are you saying that players don't quit 12u teams 100% attendance?

Even with the amount of players here in Southern California multiple times teams are scrapping around for players because there are player Shuffles. It is not in common to have 16 on a 12u roster.

Very few. There are plenty of people switching teams at the Christmas break and in summer. I can't think of an example in our universe switching teams mid-season.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
There are plenty of people switching teams at the Christmas break and in summer.
Plenty! 2x shuffle.

I can't think of an example in our universe switching teams mid-season.
Plenty of examples of players who join a team and within one two three months leave to find another.

It's just all part of the revolving door of softball. Teams are ran differently and that's probably a good thing.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2015
We got a wood one once. Well, part of it was wood. Well, I didn't look at it closely, might have been plastic wood.

We got a wood one once. Well, part of it was wood. Well, I didn't look at it closely, might have been plastic wood.

I liked it when they got T-shirts instead of a plastic trophy. U-trip days of 10u. I think they got a tshirt and a medal. And the coach says something to each player individually.

Last year DDs team won 7500 as a tournament prize, and played at the ASU field. That was pretty cool. The next week they won a paid entry into PGF. The last tourney that was less than 2 hours away. Fall 2021, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414