Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Well honestly, I have 3 different coaches and the coach that tells me I am all arms doesn't always know what hes talking about.. My main coach says I have great swings all put I pull my head too early.

If you post your swing you will be able to receive some fairly well targeted advice. Other than that ... "keep your chin on the ball".

Oct 25, 2009
Keep your mind open for learning!

This forum is a great place to learn; not the only place, though. You are responsible for how much you learn and develop.

As advised above, post your swing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
People should be able to get advice for general things w/o posting video. And it is not an unwillingness to learn when you don't. It seems some people need to see video because they really don't know hitting. Good grief.

The drills we use are to start with an open stance and close it. Or we walk in to a tee from the outside in. Another thing we do is try and hit oppo, whether it is pitch selection or off a tee (has to be on the field not to a net).

One reason a hitter pulls her head is that she is trying swing fast for a fast pitcher, and she gets really spinning swing. This is a comfortable move for a lot of us. So we step off a board to make sure we plant that front foot towards the pitcher and don't pull the foot out.

We also have some eye drills involving look at something on the field, looking at the pitcher, then looking at something in center field or right after swinging.

I agree with OILF....go to a blind hitting coach.....:rolleyes:
Good grief.
I agree again with OILF.:rolleyes:

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It seems some people need to see video because they really don't know hitting. Good grief.

OILF, having read some of your posts, I find this portion above a bit over the top .... and sadly in line with some of your other posts. Sure, folks could speculate wildly and waste time ..... which is something I'm not personally interested in .... or the poster could submit video, reduce the speculation, and enable more directly targeted feedback. I'm not personally interested in playing a guessing game ..... just have better things to do with my time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1