Hitting video Hall of Shame

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes, some of the instruction out there is pretty bad.

By the way, will you be showing video support, via the Hanson Principle, of late lead-arm pronation?

Link to earlier request ..... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/21126-hitting-video-hall-shame-7.html#post278872

If we can keep the topic on hitting that would be nice. The link above traces back to a video that seems to be a concern to some. Here is a GIF from that video, which includes the words used.

Rather than dive in various directions, can those that support this please do so. Can we get some verification swing clips of pros exhibiting late-leadarm-pronation?

o854zq.gif

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think this falls more into the hitting video hall of fame category. It is easy to do, goes directly to a major flaw of early weight shift, makes perfect sense and teaches a feel. That does not mean a kid should swing on one leg. But being able to drive a swing from one leg translates to a good full swing easier than an early weight shift.

Yep. I can see where this drill would have some useful application with certain hitters. It does not get my vote for Hall of Shame.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
When I first listened to it, I thought she was essentially saying that weight should remain on the back side throughout the swing. Having re-listened, I get it now. Although I'm not well-versed enough in the front leg/back leg debate to know where I stand on that issue.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I think this falls more into the hitting video hall of fame category. It is easy to do, goes directly to a major flaw of early weight shift, makes perfect sense and teaches a feel. That does not mean a kid should swing on one leg. But being able to drive a swing from one leg translates to a good full swing easier than an early weight shift.

Good Drill
2j0kodx.jpg

This is:
BenOneleggedGood.gif

This:
Bustos5.gif
Bustos6.gif

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is this right? I'm confused by this thread it seems some good drills are in here and mixed with bad drills? Is dropping the bat like this affective?

Not everyone agrees with the approach to teaching a good swing...or what a good swing is, for that matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00