Hitting Cues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2011
I do a lot of front toss with my players. What would be some good "hitting cues" for them to remember? If they are pulling the ball all the time, I guess "you're casting with your hands" would be good. What about if they hit pop ups/fly balls all the time? Swinging late all the time? Thanks for your input.

Aug 14, 2011
I do a lot of front toss with my players. What would be some good "hitting cues" for them to remember? If they are pulling the ball all the time, I guess "you're casting with your hands" would be good. What about if they hit pop ups/fly balls all the time? Swinging late all the time? Thanks for your input.

hit the inside seam..

"Right field drill"...Hit every pitch to right Field...

First thing you should do is spend 10 to 15 minutes and go over what you think a good swing should look like and then as you walk the girls through this explain the cues to them so they have visualized what you are talking about.

Then you can use any cues you have given them during your demonstration, if they have never seen or heard you demonstrate what you are talking about any cues you give them are useless

I agree with David Carter, you must make sure they understand the words first.

Hitting has it's own dialects for sure, so some girls will associate different words with different actions. Make sure you're speaking the same language before the first swing ever happens.

Once you're hitting though, really avoid any cues that have to do with 'hands' as you'll get mostly arm push instead of powerful turns to power the swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole