Hit and run

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
Anyone use the hit and run much in softball? I've seen the bunt and run utilized...just curious for those who do...thanks

Jun 11, 2013
I've never seen anyone do it but have no really good reason except that the fielders can stay in their position a lot longer than in baseball.

Oct 26, 2019
I utilize the hit and run some in softball, but admittedly not as much as in baseball. In a good hitters count when you are expecting a fastball, a hit and run can “free the mind” of a hitter who is struggling some or overthinking. This is an often overlooked aspect of the hit and run that has value. Coach said I have to swing no matter what. There’s some mental freedom in that for sure.

Jan 31, 2011
I utilize the hit and run some in softball, but admittedly not as much as in baseball. In a good hitters count when you are expecting a fastball, a hit and run can “free the mind” of a hitter who is struggling some or overthinking. This is an often overlooked aspect of the hit and run that has value. Coach said I have to swing no matter what. There’s some mental freedom in that for sure.

Exactly! I like to call it with decent speed on 1st base, a good contact hitter at the plate, and a hitter's count where I expect the next pitch to be a strike... When we practice it, I remind the runner you gotta pick up the ball on the crack of the bat, and the kid at the plate must swing.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I've never seen anyone do it but have no really good reason except that the fielders can stay in their position a lot longer than in baseball.
While watching,
How would you know if there was a hit and run called or not?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Runner takes a peak towards home on the way to second..at least that is what we were taught in baseball.
Hmmm? With already having a leadoff in baseball where would the runner be in that moment taking a peek? Just befor they break to sprint? Pitcher just released pitch?
Or
While running?
Why would runner do that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00