High School Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Also.....8 pitchers....must be nice :)

We are a small community and are lucky if we have 1 in each graduating class.

I think my DD's school will have at least 8 pitchers who have pitched in TB recently, and a few other girls who USED to pitch. One of the junior pitchers was injured last year and returns this year, and there could be 4 incoming freshman pitchers. Lost one relief pitcher to graduation, so essentially just about doubling the pitching staff in one year.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Another Illinois resident. Practices begin at beginning of March. Still cold for a lot of games at the beginning.

DDs high school team has two pitchers, and some that used to pitch. After the first two got beat up from a lot of innings, and then #2 suffering a season ending hip injury, DD stepped up and saw some circle time. Mainly JV. She hadn't really pitched since 12u days, and even back then was just an every once in a while pitcher, so it was ugly, but not as bad as I expected.

Jun 11, 2012
Tryouts can't start before the 3rd Monday in March. Captains hitting practices have been going on since late November but they are not really anything more than t-work and reps

Apr 26, 2015
Softball is a fall sport here in Colorado. DD is only in 7th grade but we are starting to look at highschools and softball will play a big part in our decision making...DD's school couldn't field enough players for a HS team this year. :(

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Texas (Houston area) - tryouts were Jan 21. First scrimmage Monday night - we sucked. Started out good but went downhill from there...didn't even make it back to top of lineup. And Miss Doubt obviously took occupancy in DDs head and disaster prevailed. It can only go up from there, right? Anyway, lots of scrimmages and pre district games. First district game is around 2/28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Here in Va Softball tryouts are Feb 20th and games run from the 2nd week of March till late May. They are currently doing twice a week hitting practice indoors. DD is a freshman who has her sights set on making varsity. That should be a realistic expectation given the girls older girls that are coming back. I can't imagine 8 pitchers on a HS team. We have one pitcher for varsity and one 8th grader for JV that are quality starters. After that pitching gets a little iffy. I feel like posting a TB type ad. Seeking a D1 level pitching prospect to join a strong core of girls. A strong bat and the ability to play a secondary position preferred but not required. If you are not getting the amount of mound time at your current school then convince your parents to move to our school district.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
PA here. Official practices start early March, with games starting late March (weather permitting). DD's team is in major rebuilding mode after having 7 starters graduate. Besides DD, we only have 3 other players that play travel ball. Unfortunately most of our district is loaded with travel ball players. It's going to be a long spring...

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
California.

Season started first day of school . Official season is end of Feb. DD is on Varsity and can't wait for them to make CIF playoffs!! I'm extremely excited for HS ball. I wasn't at first, but now I am

My dd has a scrimmage tonight. I wish I could be there.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Idaho. Tryouts start February 24th, first game March 10th. They have been doing "open gyms" (player led practices) since December. Ought to interesting - we currently have about 3' of snow on the ground. DD is a senior so it will be her 4th year of varsity but it is going to be a very young team with only 3 other returning varsity players (one other senior, 2 juniors and they all only played varsity last year).

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Florida...

Tryouts were last week (though the 'potential' team has been conditioning together since last year)

First game is next Thursday (2 pre-season games), real season starts the following Monday.

They got their uniforms this evening

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles