High Park Fire/Colorado Sparkler

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
Having experienced our share of wildfire desctruction here in AZ, my prayers go out to those effected by the High Park Wildfire in Colorado. Awful to see such beautiful land, homes, and lives being destroyed or shattered. We have lost a place due to a wildfire, and I know the sadness this can bring.

Having said this, does anyone have any updates or thoughts as to whether the Colorado Sparkler is still a go or not? I know many are traveling from places further than AZ to play in this tournament. Is there a site we can go online to get updates? Will Triple Crown Sports be posting updates?

Oct 18, 2009
Hopefully they will get a handle on the situation soon:

InciWeb the Incident Information System: High Park Fire

Two summers ago dd and I hiked up to the top of Horsetooth Mountain to savor a most spectacular lightning show to the west of us as a storm system was moving through. It probably wasn't a particularly bright idea in retrospect...

I would think that Sparklers would still be a go at this point, given the physical distance between the venue and the fires. At least I hope so, since I was too cheap to pay another $100 for cancellation insurance on the plane tickets and hotel.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
I have that link too. Thanks for sharing it. We booked our hotel in Ft. Collins...so we may have to move. So many variables, and I guess it's still 2 weeks away. Best of luck to you in your travels and the tourney!

Apr 6, 2012
We got an update from the Sparkler people this morning. They said they would keep us updated.

Here is what they said:

We are aware of the fire that is very close to our office. The tournament is still going to happen as planned as most of our fields we play at are in Greeley and Loveland and that is far enough away from the fires. We are hoping that they have it pretty much contained by the time the tournament starts. As of today the fire is 5% contained but the fire is still very large and moving very fast. We will keep you updated if anything were to change.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1