Here is my DD's latest swings entering Senior year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
So making an adjustment after getting fooled isn't a key to a high-level swing?

LOL.

Look at this chump.

mannyramirez.gif

He's never going to hit anything with that swing.

deleted by me. I do not want this thread to get hi jacked. O'Leary, if you want to discus how and why these adjustment were possible. Start a new thread.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
So making an adjustment after getting fooled isn't a key to a high-level swing?

LOL.

Look at this chump.

mannyramirez.gif

He's never going to hit anything with that swing.

Manny's adjustment is possible because of his high level mechanics. Bush's adjustment occurs because she has to push and pull with her arms to deliver the barrel.

Jan 13, 2012
To be fair why is FFS posting video of my DD from 4 ears ago. I dont even have that video.
To be fair I deleted all my posts in this thread months ago ,that was saved on his computer and reposted by him, like I was part of this thread.

To be fair I was on the HI site as a free invite, did not stay. Never saw any swings posted of a hitter he worked with or his DD

Straightleg

Unfortunately, once you post a clip on these forums, it tends to stay around. I would know, I have clips from sites that no longer exist.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
There was absolutely no intent to ruffle any feathers here. I consider the use of the bottom hand to be important. Ihowser posted a clip of his daughter that displayed a chicken-wing like mechanic. That led to a discussion on how to correct it. At one point SL asked what a swing would look like if one had bottom-hand action which restricted extension through contact. Another example was given.

The real message that I hope people get is the importance of the bottom hand action and how it plays a 'pivotal' (pun intended) role in terms of promoting energy transfer to the barrel.

Mar 12, 2009
When I have my dd throw the bat it always goes left. She is a RH hitter so what could be the reason(s) this happens?

Dec 29, 2010
Show gifs of college/pro players. Wait a minute, a dd seeing thousands of pitches in her career? Short fences? Huge sweet spots? Make an ordinary dd into a possible player? Get real! There are members here who went thur the journey, and their dd's became successful, was it high level? no?yes? but it worked for them. Could they have become better in their careers? Maybe? but the dd's were satisified and their fathers should be proud. Please what worked for your dd might not work others. Happy New Year to All

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp