Another year. Evie is 11.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
It's been exactly a month, we finally picked up a bat again together. She hit a bit at tryouts but that's been it. I always have a nagging feeling to get her to swing, but the last 4-6 weeks basically off has been nice, and you know what, everything didn't fall off the rails I feel like she actually found some strength, I'll have to double check but maybe she even reached 80lbs.

She hit a couple hard, and even I got a few swings in for the 1st time in maybe 18 yrs. I was kinda proud of myself, even if it has become an extreme slow pitch swing. I did omit the one where I swung so early my legs twisted like a pretzel...and Evie caught my last can of corn.

She'll have some feeder ball games in a couple weeks, should be interesting.

Dec 12, 2020
For the first time, Evie has gotten to see some game action in the fall, a little mix of feeder and scrimmages. Her barrels seem to be much sharper, she actually seems to have a little bit of authority at contact now. I'm not exactly sure, but I guess it is a combination of being more intentional with maybe, finally, a little strength gain

Still bleeds stretch (sequence, timing, or approach issue?) And flattens the bat, and still loves the ball up in the zone.

Altogether I am happy with her progress.

Jun 8, 2016
Looks like she is getting stronger. IMO she needs more flow/rhythm in her swing. Right now it is almost like she is swinging from a static position after the “flow/rhythm” is stopped with the initial stride where she also loads her upper 🤷🏽‍♂️ Maybe try some step backs off the tee and front toss. Also she isn’t flattening imo..

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020
Looks like she is getting stronger. IMO she needs more flow/rhythm in her swing. Right now it is almost like she is swinging from a static position after the “flow/rhythm” is stopped with the initial stride where she also loads her upper Maybe try some step backs off the tee and front toss. Also she isn’t flattening imo..
Thanks Pattar. That pause irks me. I'd be OK if she would not let her load subside from that moment of toe touch to her launch, that moment also leads to the flattening I mention..though it could just be that she only swings at pitches up in the zone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478