Helping Players Feel Good about Themselves More Critical Than Ever

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
In February of this year the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed the most recent results of its survey on the mental health of youths, along with a 10-year analysis of trends in that area. The news, in many cases, isn’t good – especially for teenage girls The Youth Risk Behavior Survey Data […]

More...

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Still surprised regularly by the number of coaches I see or hear about that almost seem to hate their players. Constant criticism and negative energy. Why are you coaching? I guess they must be getting something out of it, but it's definitely not the relationships.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
if she is not a home run hitter, why would a coach insist she's a home run hitter?
why would a coach focus on a player's weakneses and not her strengths?
is winning a game more important than losing a player?
the map isn't the territory, eh?
;)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It is very easy for people to develop an inferiority complex. Tic toc and Instagram are full of better looking women in perfect shape and beautiful smiles.
Parents MUST limit and audit their DDs screen time. It is mentally unhealthy for young ladies to be constantly comparing themselves with others.
Coaches and parents should always encourage confidence.

Jan 22, 2011
Very timely post. Was talking to a HS AC that knows of 6 girls from different HSs that quit or decided not to play softball this spring because of coaches who think they have to be hard-arses. Including my DD.

Gotta respect the players for doing what was best for their mental health.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13