Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2009
My DD , age 12 has been pitching for about 2 years. Tonight at her lesson I really paid attention to her feet and realised that she is hopping on almost every pitch and her weight seems to be forward on a lot of her pitches. I work with her as much as possible(usually twice a week) in addition to her weekly lesson with an instructor. Have tried the walk-through drill, Hal's coffe can drill, as well as the paper in front of her drive foot. Any ideas how to solve this would help. She throws a pretty good fastball and change and a very good drop(probably because her weight is forward on all her pitches)lol.

Thanks
Mike

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
My DD , age 12 has been pitching for about 2 years. Tonight at her lesson I really paid attention to her feet and realised that she is hopping on almost every pitch and her weight seems to be forward on a lot of her pitches. I work with her as much as possible(usually twice a week) in addition to her weekly lesson with an instructor. Have tried the walk-through drill, Hal's coffe can drill, as well as the paper in front of her drive foot. Any ideas how to solve this would help. She throws a pretty good fastball and change and a very good drop(probably because her weight is forward on all her pitches)lol.

Thanks
Mike

Mike, it sounds like she is trying to get an aggressive forward drive with a stride that is less than that aggressive.

How tall is she and what is her stride length?

Hal

Nov 15, 2009
Hal,

She is 5'4" and her stride is about 38". Anything advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Downloaded your book about a year ago. Great stuff. Only problem is that she has to use a lane seperate from her friends without the bumpers when she bowls.lol

Mike

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hal,

She is 5'4" and her stride is about 38". Anything advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Downloaded your book about a year ago. Great stuff. Only problem is that she has to use a lane seperate from her friends without the bumpers when she bowls.lol

Mike

Does it have the chapter called 'Coach Hal's Foundation Method'?

Also, there is a chapter that outlines using a weight in a specific exercise, do you have those?

DO WHAT IT SAYS! Her stride is way too short and it is her momentum that is causing her to lean forward.

Send me an e-mail. ceramatech_engineering@yahoo.com:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes