Help? 10U Coaching Needs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
FWIWAfter coaching 10u for a while, I ve found it is better to use real balls to get the girls used to vibration on contact. I no longer use lighter balls

What if you don't have a cage or hitting net and want to get lots of repetition? That's the challenge.

I'm with you on the 'real balls'. I prefer them as much as possible.

Mar 3, 2013
T to do many hitting drills. Stop watch to time base running, catcher throw downs. A note book to log your players. Cones to do base running and fielding drills. A wagon to cary your stuff from parking lot to field.

Apr 1, 2010
You do not need anything more but the below will make your life easier. If you buy it your DD will use all the stuff as she grows up, except the pitching plates if she is not a pitcher. In order:

Cheap Cones
Some more cheap bases
Batting Tees - Tanner Baseball and Softball Batting Tee
Couple pitching plates
Hitting net - Amazon.com: Bow Net Baseball/Softball Big Mouth Portable Net: Sports & Outdoors
Dozen TCB Balls - Total Control Sports

I just stuck the webpages on here, I did not look for any deals.

Edit: Like Coachtucc said you will never have enough balls. Every time you see the equipment person tell them you need some more. :)

Awesome list, quincy.

050303033005, Tanner tees, Bow Net Big Mouths and TCB balls seem expensive, but they are high quality and they work. If you can afford them, they'll be good for the team. They'll be even better for your daughter (and any of her siblings) because they aren't the usual junk that you end up throwing out. She'll be able to use them over and over in the coming years. JMO.

Feb 24, 2013
East Coast
Thanks everyone. This is traveling fastpitch. I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on a few bucks to purchase some of the items mentioned. Gotta get creative.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Fundraisers. Our team held a little bake sale at a school beauty pageant that some of our girls were in. Sometimes you hate to $5 dollar the death the parents but if they want on they must help with the cost associated with playing and training.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Thanks everyone. This is traveling fastpitch. I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on a few bucks to purchase some of the items mentioned. Gotta get creative.

We held a Bat-A-Thon a couple of times. Girls get sponsors either a per ball hit amount or flat rate gift. Gave the girls 50 pitches from a liteflite machine. We counted everything except a flat out miss. Worked out pretty well, made about 700 if I remember correctly.

Apr 9, 2012
Gamechanger
or
scorebooks, line ups etc.

Bownets are worth the money for reps

PWS Enterprises sells 6 dozen new 11" balls for $180 shipped. Game balls at that ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd