Have to brag on my daughter a little bit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
My 9 y/o dd had had a pure love of softball since she could walk and talk. Guess thats what happens when you grow up at a ball field. She has just always struggled and I mean hard to play the game. Weak arm, bat, you name it she has struggled. I have always kept encouraging her and telling her that if she wanted it bad enough and worked hard at it some day she would get it.

Tonight at her team practice, she looked great, I mean I have watched this poor kid struggle and struggle and tonight she looked like a softball player. Diving back hand stops at third. making all the right coverages with out being reminded where to go and what to do. Moved to ss as a left hander and when I asked the coach why he said she had the best glove and arm out there tonight and wanted to see how she would handle ss.

Needless to say that at the end of practice tonight she was handed a uniform by the head coach and told her that she EARNED it. Tell you what almost made dad cry.

Hopefully she can keep it all together and this was just her first night of many looking like a softball player

I never ever brag on my kids but this is just to much for me not to brag on her about

Jul 28, 2008
Great story, Billy. Congratulations to your daughter. Sounds like her continuing hard work is paying off.

Oct 3, 2009
Congrats!! And beyond softball she is really learning great life lessons about the value of hard work and being mentally tough enough to learn skills that may not come naturally. Why I love the fact both of my DDs play the game.

May 31, 2009
Congratulations to your DD. You have a right to brag. If she keeps working hard and improving like she is, then down the road you won't have to brag, because other people will notice her talent and do the bragging for you. You can just sit back and smile and be the proudest dad ever. I have had 5 kids play sports, and I think I know how you feel right now. Enjoy, cause they grow up real fast.

Oct 19, 2009
Always glad to hear about a kid doing well, you and she should be proud. :cool:

Remember that boys have to play good to feel good where girls have to feel good to play good.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles