Hand Stacked over Elbow

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Just can't help yourself, can you? :)

For me, whether it happens or not is immaterial. It's nothing I would ever worry about as I teach. If it occurs, to me it's more a result of something else than something to consciously strive for.

As for the video, there are points it happens and points it doesn't. Honestly, I could use the same video to take either side -- which again is why it seems like a no-teach to me.

Jun 3, 2010
I enjoyed that video! Starting at 5:35, watch the 3 or 4 swings by Robinson Cano, his head remains so still during the swing that his head looks like it was PhotoShopped onto the video. The second swing of the video(Adrian Gonzalez) is the same way.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Its maybe a no teach, but WOW!! it does stack.

The best part of this is to teach - No bat drag. Back elbow not leading the swing.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This video looks nothing like the stacking that you and Howard earlier demo'd. Glad you like these videos ... much better IMO. Just goes to show you that anyone can adapt. You have to admit, the video your daughter made for her skills video way over did what you were preaching in terms of stacking earlier. Fortunately you stepped back and corrected that. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day.

May 20, 2008
To all,
Howard has stated that the hands are stacked over the elbow, Dr Chris Yeager says the same thing as well as John Tschida. I have talked to all of them in detail regarding the swing. In my opinion three of the best hitting minds in the country. All three of these people are willing to suport this with video of their students. Other people believe differently but yet to produce any video or photos of students that they have, so who do you believe?? I know who i believe.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Eddie35 ... when Yeager speaks of the stacked relationship he does not mean what Howard demonstrated, where Howard held his rear forearm perfectly vertical ... ran a finger up and down the length of his vertical forearm, and said "this is stacked". It is more a pinched rear forearm-to-bicep ... as in a 'power-vee' ... a 'tight hand pivot point'. See clips below.

qxrsrb.gif

117u5v8.gif

izozh0.gif

The earlier story about the importance of having the rear forearm perfectly vertical, in order to be strong ... so as to pull on an imaginary rope, was nonsense ... and is not in line with how the best hitters swing a bat ... a contradiction wrt the Hanson Principle.

Jun 3, 2010
I dont want to see lessons, i want to see video of your son or daughter on here. Everyone here would love a chance to critique them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pitch Machine Pros