Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
“Trying” to watch the debate tonight, it’s a circus, my head hurts, it’s out of control.
I will take whatever circus that stops the BS right now.

In all honesty, our govt needs a complete reset. Corruption is rampant and nobody in politics does it for the people anymore. They do
it to get rich. To think only the two right now are the only corrupt ones...no way. Its not even politics...the whole govt in a whole is filled
with it...state and federal.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I will take whatever circus that stops the BS right now.

In all honesty, our govt needs a complete reset. Corruption is rampant and nobody in politics does it for the people anymore. They do
it to get rich. To think only the two right now are the only corrupt ones...no way. Its not even politics...the whole govt in a whole is filled
with it...state and federal.
There's nothing you said that I can disagree with!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Brand new toy!

I’ve been wanting a real Carbon Japanese Santoku for a while now, was really gonna just buy my future SIL one as he’s really turning into a great cook. Found this guy in NY that’s a Japanese knife broker, contacted him, great guy!

Told him I was buying it for the SIL, future SIL that is, he thought it was going to be a marriage gift and immediately offered me a nice discount, I thanked him and told him I’d get back to him shortly.

Couple of weeks went by, and after a little more research I thought what the heck, I want one too! Contacted him again, he remembered me but I still reminded him of the discount he offered and would that also go for two knives? He said give him 10 minutes and he’d text me a new discount code, he knocked off $50 right off the bat.

This knife is an absolute laser!

Sorry, the brand name is Muneishi, very well priced, especially for the steel used.
IMG_3452.jpegIMG_3453.jpeg

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Very cool! I've been needing to upgrade my knives for quite some time. I just don't know enough to understand if I'm overpaying on something. But its shortly becoming time to replace out my cheapy stuff and invest into something nicer.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Very cool! I've been needing to upgrade my knives for quite some time. I just don't know enough to understand if I'm overpaying on something. But its shortly becoming time to replace out my cheapy stuff and invest into something nicer.
My kitchen knife block looks like a litter of mutts, mostly consisting of Shun Japanese knives. Shun knives are mainstream Japanese production knives, very good knives but nowhere near the knife this Muneishi is! And the Shun knives cost more, live and learn right?

This Muneishi had a surprisingly good price for Blue Aogami #2 steel.

Hey Hunter, don't know how much you cook but you'd be surprised what you can do with just a Santoku like I posted above and a really good paring knife, or Japanese petty knife. Every now and then I need a larger Chef's knife but not very often, I can do just about everything I need to do with those two knives I mentioned above.

These carbon knives do take some care, NO dishwasher, hand wash with warm soapy water and dry immediately, which I have no problem with.

Muneishi, Moritaka, and Hinokuni were the three brands I narrowed it down to. Man trust me, this is an endless rabbit hole you're entering in to with the amount of selection and price, the sky is the limit!

A Nakiri vegetable knife will be my next one as I'm the salad king! ;)
1695926431784.png

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I really enjoy cooking. It's a legitimate form of therapy for me. I have two green eggs (XL and Med), a pellet smoker, and 4-burner flat top. Just about all of our pans are cast iron, which I may treat better than my own kids. I'm fortunate to work from home, so unless we have kid stuff.....I am the one cooking meals.

The last of my "be a real cook" things is quality knives. Of my existing block, I use maybe 3 knives in any regularity. Really only 2, because the third would be a filet knife that I really like using to trim/cut fat caps off tri-tip. Outside of that, it doesn't get used.

I'll have to take a look. It's about time I got my feet wet and upgraded.

Jun 8, 2016
We still use the knife set we got for free from Harris Teeter 20 years ago when I was in grad school..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06