Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I still have an old Tennessee Thumper Slow Pitch Softball Bat that I could contribute to that concoction. LOL

s-l1600.jpg

Dec 11, 2010
I’m headed to brown bear country! I’m really not all that much of a “gun guy” because I hate owning a gun that doesn’t have a purpose. That said, I haven’t been happy with the mouse gun (G-17 9mm) that I have been carrying at work. (At my previous job it was a G-22 .40 cal.)

I decided that I wasn’t going to go out and buy a large cal revolver just for this trip. I DID use this as an opportunity to go pick up a G-20 10mm. Also ordered some hard cast bullets from Buffalo Bore. (Highly recommend btw. Great customer service!!!)

I know it’s still a long way from ideal for a bear gun but I’m a believer in having something familiar in your hands during times of extreme stress. I also think I’m going to transition to 10mm for my work pistola. I shot it today and it cracks like my G-22’s did. I like it. IMG_1452.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’m headed to brown bear country! I’m really not all that much of a “gun guy” because I hate owning a gun that doesn’t have a purpose. That said, I haven’t been happy with the mouse gun (G-17 9mm) that I have been carrying at work. (At my previous job it was a G-22 .40 cal.)

I decided that I wasn’t going to go out and buy a large cal revolver just for this trip. I DID use this as an opportunity to go pick up a G-20 10mm. Also ordered some hard cast bullets from Buffalo Bore. (Highly recommend btw. Great customer service!!!)

I know it’s still a long way from ideal for a bear gun but I’m a believer in having something familiar in your hands during times of extreme stress. I also think I’m going to transition to 10mm for my work pistola. I shot it today and it cracks like my G-22’s did. I like it. View attachment 28334
Where you going?

That’s one very hard hitting, high performance pistol. *If* I were to wonder into Grizzly territory with a pistol instead of a revolver, a 10mm Glock with Underwood or Buffalo Bore Hard Cast would be my choice!

Have fun, be careful!

Dec 11, 2010
Where you going?

That’s one very hard hitting, high performance pistol. *If* I were to wonder into Grizzly territory with a pistol instead of a revolver, a 10mm Glock with Underwood or Buffalo Bore Hard Cast would be my choice!

Have fun, be careful!
It’s a mission trip- fly into Missoula and then west towards Idaho. It’s my wife’s deal, she has been several times, she usually takes one of our kids. All I know is we work about 4 days and will probably be cutting firewood or building fence for a ranch for kids who have taken some wrong turns. I don’t think we have any contact with the kids at all.

The guys that run the outside work all carry pistols all the time. Heard a story that they don’t take grizzly bears lightly at all. My nervousness is fueled by a book I read read years ago called “Death In Yellowstone” and it lists all the ways people die in the park and it usually involves tourists doing stupid stuff. Some of it was grizzly bears snatching people out of tents and running hikers down and crunching them up. I ordered “Death In Glacier, Tales of Accidents and Foolhardiness“ but havent read it yet, but I bet there are a few bear stories!

I didn‘t think to look at Underwood! The Buffalo Bore website had some good info on it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bake12