Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What kind of mowers you guys using? I'm using a commercial 40" Toro walk behind, fantastic mower! But I need something that's old man knee friendly now, thinking of a Stander / Stand on mower. A 48" Wright Stander is on my radar, problem is I can't hide that as easily as another ball glove from the wifey!

But, I'll never use a non-commercial mower again, once you use one you'll understand!
I stopped mowing lawns when my girls started playing travel softball. I used to have a Toro Time Cutter 42" zero turn mower with an 18 HP Kawasaki engine. That thing could rip through my 3/4 of an acre in 35 minutes, with bagging. It was a great machine for the money.

I hated the weed whacking and blowing. That's what took the most time. I have an Echo trimmer and a Husqvarna backpack blower still, but they mostly sit in my shed now. I use the blower more frequently, but I haven't started the trimmer in a few years. It was properly stored, so it should be good to go if I ever decide to mow again. For now, it's a landscaping company handling the duties.

Dec 11, 2010
Not a stand on but 61” Ferris here with 37 Vanguard!

IDK how long ago I bought it but it cut my mowing time by half, had a Deere 62” diesel garden tractor before.

Also a fan of my Stihl backpack blower, think its a BR700?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I stopped mowing lawns when my girls started playing travel softball. I used to have a Toro Time Cutter 42" zero turn mower with an 18 HP Kawasaki engine. That thing could rip through my 3/4 of an acre in 35 minutes, with bagging. It was a great machine for the money.

I hated the weed whacking and blowing. That's what took the most time. I have an Echo trimmer and a Husqvarna backpack blower still, but they mostly sit in my shed now. I use the blower more frequently, but I haven't started the trimmer in a few years. It was properly stored, so it should be good to go if I ever decide to mow again. For now, it's a landscaping company handling the duties.
Cheater! 🙄

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Very nice looking equipment.
Wright has the patent on Standers with the platform right in between both rear wheels. All other Standers (Toro, Scag, Gravely, Bobcat, etc) have their standing platform that extends off the back of the unit making the front end too light. Standing in between the wheels your body weight is more or less part of the unit. That make sense?

See what I mean?
1677357579876.jpeg
1677357718185.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi