Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Seriously? I’ve been thinking of moving from down here in NC and retiring to Philadelphia in a couple of years! Not a good idea?
I dunno if moving to Philly is a good idea with being a Braves fan. May get booed out of CBP No, actually we hate the Mets and Yankees more in baseball. Also, Giants and Cowboys get booed a lot here.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Tony Romo, why do we have to listen to Tony Romo??

I thought sports commentators who had retired were chosen because of the greatness of their sports career, not someone who lost every meaningful game in their career?
Agreed on Romo. I fall the same for him calling NFL games as I do Smoltz calling MLB games. I can't stand either of them. My dad on the other hand loves hearing them and thinks they bring a different perspective. Personally, I think I would have liked to have heard Brent Musberger call an NFL game. He was so good along with Harry Kalas or Harry Carey.

Jun 8, 2016
Personally, I think I would have liked to have heard Brent Musberger call an NFL game. He was so good along with Harry Kalas or Harry Carey.

Those guys were play by play not color guys.

I usually don’t watch with the audio on if I have a choice.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Agreed on Romo. I fall the same for him calling NFL games as I do Smoltz calling MLB games. I can't stand either of them. My dad on the other hand loves hearing them and thinks they bring a different perspective. Personally, I think I would have liked to have heard Brent Musberger call an NFL game. He was so good along with Harry Kalas or Harry Carey.

IMO, Romo was fine when he first started. He had just retired and knew just about every coach/player/scheme that following year. There were times he was calling the play before it happened. Lots of insight. It was very cool to hear and I was excited to have him in the booth.

But then each year beyond that he progressively got worse and worse. To the point now he makes noises and says non-sense. I'm not sure he even does prep-work before a game.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
As difficult as it was to do being a Mets fan, I wore an Astros shirt all throughout the WS…..just because. The dirty looks were fantastic!
Idk if you looked at the Phillies or Astros subreddits, but...there was a lot of taunting on both sides. Especially of the furniture king of Houston.

May 27, 2013
Idk if you looked at the Phillies or Astros subreddits, but...there was a lot of taunting on both sides. Especially of the furniture king of Houston.

Nope. Don’t really care as I’m not a Houston fan. I was just happy that they beat the Phillies. 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802