Great to see

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
So, my little 8U's are all grown up! No, of course not really, but they won their division tourney this past weekend. It's only rec league, its only the division for the younger/not as good teams, but for a group that's been through the loss of a parent for one girl, the loss of a really close grandparent for another, most talented (not best) player not showing up or letting me know she wasn't showing up for the tourney, getting beat 16-0 and 10-0 just two weeks ago, it was such a blessing to see their smiling faces. They kind of get how well they played, how far they've come, and the beauty of it is they just play the game like it's a game. They take things seriously enough to perform well, our pitchers were very good (2 runs against in the semis and finals combined), fielding was good, and just enough hitting to win is always a good combo. But just watching the girls figure out how to play the game, and have a blast doing it, is why I love this game.

May 18, 2009
Awesome! I love the younger divisions. 8U and 10U are my favorite. The excitement of the girls when they make a play is fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi