GoPro 7 Black

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2020
I just purchased a GoPro 7 Black and LynkSpyder and was hoping I could have some help. I am looking to attach an external battery pack so I can live stream the games (have grandparents who don't want to venture out in the climate right now) as this would eat up the battery power itself (as I am told). Is there a way to attach an external battery and connect it to the USB battery charger while still in the mount case? I don't want to take the LCD screen off to void the warranty. It seems that the hole to access the USB charging is too small or not lined up in the mounting case to the camera itself.

Thanks.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I just purchased a GoPro 7 Black and LynkSpyder and was hoping I could have some help. I am looking to attach an external battery pack so I can live stream the games (have grandparents who don't want to venture out in the climate right now) as this would eat up the battery power itself (as I am told). Is there a way to attach an external battery and connect it to the USB battery charger while still in the mount case? I don't want to take the LCD screen off to void the warranty. It seems that the hole to access the USB charging is too small or not lined up in the mounting case to the camera itself.

Thanks.
So your HERO7 should have come with a black frame case. You will only need to remove the side door (and it is designed to do so) and you can plug in your USB cable directly through the case. No mod's to the camera or case required. Here's a video I did some time ago talking about the side door. It is for the HERO5, but the same applies for the HERO6 and 7 cameras:

And then we recommend either the Boss Bucket (non black...better for heat) or the Lowe's (can find locally) tool pouch to hold your battery:

Lowes:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-23-cu-in-Ballistic-Nylon-Tool-Pouch/1001094774
Amazon (Boss Bucket):
Amazon product ASIN B00GK4U0O6

Jun 8, 2020
So your HERO7 should have come with a black frame case. You will only need to remove the side door (and it is designed to do so) and you can plug in your USB cable directly through the case. No mod's to the camera or case required. Here's a video I did some time ago talking about the side door. It is for the HERO5, but the same applies for the HERO6 and 7 cameras:

And then we recommend either the Boss Bucket (non black...better for heat) or the Lowe's (can find locally) tool pouch to hold your battery:

Lowes:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-23-cu-in-Ballistic-Nylon-Tool-Pouch/1001094774
Amazon (Boss Bucket):
Amazon product ASIN B00GK4U0O6

Thanks Josh! That helped tremendously!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles