Go pro and accessories.. what all is needed to get started

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2022
My husband and I are wanting to start recording our DD’s games so that we can help create a recruiting profile online. We have read reviews and some of these post/threads but I can’t help but wonder what everyone else thinks is a necessity. We love efficiency and convenience so if you know of an accessory that has been a lifesaver or a tip that you wish you had please help!!!
So far we are looking to buy the go pro hero 10, external battery, case, extra cards and then the fence/mounting clip from lynkspyder. Is there anything I am missing??

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Anything GoPro model 5 or higher will work great. External battery is a must, and buy 2. Have cords for charging.
I use an old wiped iphone to control the camera, so I can start and stoop and delete non useful files so that when it comes time to edit you are combing through hours and hours of footage.

The link spyder is great. I made my own mount of an upside down rake holder taped to a selfie stick, and mounted the battery directly to it. Get you something that allows you to make small adjustments to the placement of the camera once mounted, so you can make sure you get the best shot and don't have fencing or netting in the way. Some extra bungie cords to hold work great as well.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My husband and I are wanting to start recording our DD’s games so that we can help create a recruiting profile online. We have read reviews and some of these post/threads but I can’t help but wonder what everyone else thinks is a necessity. We love efficiency and convenience so if you know of an accessory that has been a lifesaver or a tip that you wish you had please help!!!
So far we are looking to buy the go pro hero 10, external battery, case, extra cards and then the fence/mounting clip from lynkspyder. Is there anything I am missing??
If you're interested in buying a setup of what you mentioned, I have what you need, except mine is the Hero 9. I bought the whole rig in April to record her HS and TB games, but I never really used it.

Here's what I have:
Hero 9 Black w/256 GB card
Lynk Spyder with articulating cell phone arm.
Bucket Bag for holding external battery.
GoPro Remote.
External battery door.
Assorted Cables and carrying case.

Text me if interested at 631-942-3516.

Edit: The whole setup worked great. I just found keeping GC and the camera going when she pitched too difficult from the outfield.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021
I have used several fence attachments including the lynkspyder and the Fence Clip is by far the easiest and quickest set up there is. You also may want to find a way to cover the device from the sun. I bought a grill mat and put clips on it to hang on the fence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802