GoPro - 30 or 60 FPS for games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
I would turn SuperView off. This will allow you to use medium field of view. SuperView is an ultra wide field of view that will almost guarantee fence in the shot. It was designed for people who mount the camera to themselves (POV). it is not only wider but taller. So for POV, more of the shooter is in the shot. Good for skiing and skateboarding...bad for softball.

Thanks for the information.

Mar 24, 2014
I updated my settings to not use superview. Thanks.

Just watching weather channel and calling for rain this weekend. I have the new GoPro, Lynkspyder, extended battery, etc to make my debut with it this weekend, but can anybody recommend how to wrap the extended battery as to not get any water on it? Was thinking possibly a ziplock bag with tape around the cord to the camera...any other recommendations?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I updated my settings to not use superview. Thanks.

Just watching weather channel and calling for rain this weekend. I have the new GoPro, Lynkspyder, extended battery, etc to make my debut with it this weekend, but can anybody recommend how to wrap the extended battery as to not get any water on it? Was thinking possibly a ziplock bag with tape around the cord to the camera...any other recommendations?

What I do is put the battery in a zip top bag. Seal it with the zipper as far as it will go. Turn it upside down and place it in the pouch.

For the Camera, I take another zip top bag and slip it over the camera (zipper down). Poke a hole in the bag near the lens and stretch it over the lens cover on the case. Your audio will sound like crap, but this setup keeps our rigs dry, even in pouring down rain.

Mar 24, 2014
What I do is put the battery in a zip top bag. Seal it with the zipper as far as it will go. Turn it upside down and place it in the pouch.

For the Camera, I take another zip top bag and slip it over the camera (zipper down). Poke a hole in the bag near the lens and stretch it over the lens cover on the case. Your audio will sound like crap, but this setup keeps our rigs dry, even in pouring down rain.

Will do thanks! Looking forward to trying out the new GoPro & Lynksypder this weekend.

Mar 24, 2014
With the comment above pertaining to audio, is there any way to turn off the audio on the GoPro? Couldn't find any options to turn it off. There is heavy road construction adjacent to the fields we will be playing at and would like to shut audio off so don't hear jackhammers, dump trucks, etc.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
I have a Silver 3+ and I usually record at 720/60 or sometimes at 960/60.

I'm not so worried about sd card space, and I can't see much resolution difference re-watching games on the big screen, I just like how much faster my computer can crunch through 5-6 games worth of 720/60 footage after a tournament weekend and how much smaller footprint the finished product leaves on my back-up drives.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
With the comment above pertaining to audio, is there any way to turn off the audio on the GoPro? Couldn't find any options to turn it off. There is heavy road construction adjacent to the fields we will be playing at and would like to shut audio off so don't hear jackhammers, dump trucks, etc.

Not that I have found. I just remove the audio in post production as needed.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest

Jackhammers and dump trucks would be angelic to hear. I turn the audio off in post so I don't have to listen to the mindless blather of moms that sit behind the backstop talking gossip/pintrest/etc or the screeching of parents (including myself) yelling at/for their kids.

Although I have once recorded a mother confess her dislike of me to another mom after thinking I was out of earshot, even after she watched me hang and start the recording device above her head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi