Going from a Combat Fernandez(Yellow)-10 to a CF6 mid tourney season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2013
thoughts? By the way, weights are 30/20 for the Combat and 32/22 for the CF6. Daughter is a 120lb 5'3" pull hitter. TIA!

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Why the big jump? How is she doing with the Combat? You can probably re-sell it, easily. Yes, the CF6 is a great bat, but adding 2 ounces is a lot. She may have enough practice days to get used to it, though.

Jan 10, 2013
thanks for your reply, Amy :) by the way, she's 13. She has done well with her Combat, but it doesn't seem to have the life it did 2 years ago. The big jump is because by looking at Eric F's Bat weight database, the 31/21 CF6 insane is light (20.6/20-7) and I'm worried about that being on the bottom of the weight she should be at. (of course, I would also like to keep from buying one again next year).

Thank you;)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
On the surface a 30/20 bats sounds too small for her, I think she will do great with the 32/22 CF6. DD has one and it is a little “light”.

(This year DD also moved from a 30” to 32” bat, it took a while to get her to move just a little bit off the plate. With the 30” bat she really crowded the plate, with the 32” she can back up a little bit.)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I missed the insane part in your 2nd post, she is using the red one. She came home yesterday from the doctor and proudly stated that she was 100 lbs., she is a little on the small side.

Jan 10, 2013
Congrats on the big 100. haha! Yeah, I've been back and forth on the CF6 and CF6 insane. Currently I'm leaning to the Insane- she has (what I think is :)) a fundamentally sound powerful swing, and while I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, it might make more sense in the long run.

Jan 10, 2013
Why the big jump? How is she doing with the Combat? You can probably re-sell it, easily. Yes, the CF6 is a great bat, but adding 2 ounces is a lot. She may have enough practice days to get used to it, though.

And Amy, for what it's worth, the Combat was a fantastic buy for me. I paid $50 new on ebay, and my jaw dropped at the results (switched from a $30 Walmart type bat). I have often encouraged parents looking to get into a composite bat to go this route.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm a fan of Combat products, primarily for the price to performance ratio. My 9yo DD has used a 30/18 Fernandez, and is currently getting adapted to a 31/21 Avaritia. I'm pretty pleased with what I'm seeing for pop. Unless I stumble into a very good deal on a CF5/6, the Avaritia will likely be her bat for the next Fall and Spring seasons.

Based on what you've said about your DD, I would say a 30" bat is probably quite a bit too short for her, and is probably limiting her performance. If she likes the end-loaded feel, and can swing it effectively, a 32" Insane is a very good choice.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

I would think with her size and weight and already being a pull heavy hitter she would not have any problem with the 32/22 CF6.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse