Glovesmith glove questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2021
I am taking my daughter to their location to try different gloves and get one made for her. She plays in the outfield but some at short and second. Thinking a 12.5 glove just wanting to get the best quality that is available. I am new here I welcome any and all advice. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I am taking my daughter to their location to try different gloves and get one made for her. She plays in the outfield but some at short and second. Thinking a 12.5 glove just wanting to get the best quality that is available. I am new here I welcome any and all advice. Thanks.
A USA built custom in wheat Duratan leather in one of the finest gloves you’ll ever put on your hand!!

Having said that…..How old is she? Cause a 12.5” USA custom in Duratan is definitely a substantial glove! And BTW, a 12.5” glove is too large for SS and 2B.

Haven’t had a Glovesmith conversation here in a while!

Jul 2, 2021
A USA built custom in wheat Duratan leather in one of the finest gloves you’ll ever put on your hand!!

Having said that…..How old is she? Cause a 12.5” USA custom in Duratan is definitely a substantial glove! And BTW, a 12.5” glove is too large for SS and 2B.

Haven’t had a Glovesmith conversation here in a while!
She will be 13 in December going into 7th grade. I was hoping to get a high quality glove that she can have for a long time. Thanks so much for responding I have read a lot here just joined today so I could ask this question. You seem to be very knowledgeable about gloves and softball in general. I was hoping you would respond.

Jul 2, 2021
you found the guru of gloves so you, or shall we say your dd, is in good hands.
I welcome everyone's input and appreciate it. Just trying to get the best for my daughter. What size glove would be recommended. Trying to learn all I can. We are going tomorrow morning to glovesmith should have ask questions earlier. I know very little about gloves or softball. I never played ball as a kid just been around the last several years with my daughter.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Curious how or why you’re going the Glovesmith route, heck, no one hardly knows anything about them, you just don’t see them anymore!

You must live close to Brad’s shop, or does her team have some kind of sponsorship with GS?

I love Glovesmith gloves, but I can honestly think of some much better suited gloves for a 13 year old! Having said that, don’t listen to me, I’ve put a ton of young girls in a Horween Pro1000!

The custom Elite is the least model Glovesmith I’d consider.

Jul 2, 2021
Curious how or why you’re going the Glovesmith route, heck, no one hardly knows anything about them, you just don’t see them anymore!

You must live close to Brad’s shop, or does her team have some kind of sponsorship with GS?

I love Glovesmith gloves, but I can honestly think of some much better suited gloves for a 13 year old! Having said that, don’t listen to me, I’ve put a ton of young girls in a Horween Pro1000!

The custom Elite is the least model Glovesmith I’d consider.
I live about 2 hours away read good things about them and talked to them on the phone. I like that they are actually made here in the USA which is very important to me.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I live about 2 hours away read good things about them and talked to them on the phone. I like that they are actually made here in the USA which is very important to me.
Awesome, that sounds great to me, love it when someone has a plan!

Now, you just need to figure out the outfield to infield ratio and come up with another plan! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez