Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Have a Marucci Cypress 12 inch glove coming to check out , Rawlings Pro206, both baseball gloves. Monica Abbott A2000 glove also to check out.

DD has small hands. She is a pitcher and plays 2nd, 3rd, and SS when not pitching. TB is a pitcher and plays some 2nd. MS ball pitches and plays 3rd and some SS.

I love the looks of the Marucci but have never held one. Worried the Rawlings finger stalls will be to large but I'm a rawlings guy. Never really like A2000 gloves. Thoughts

Apr 6, 2017
Can't wait to hear. Almost ordered a 206 per A.Dad but I'm resisting
until her current glove is a little more used.

Jun 22, 2019
The 206 is nice, but has large finger stalls.

I like the A2000, but the 206 is a nice glove and would be what I would want. Never held a marucci.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Never owned a Marucci, heck I don’t think I’ve ever held one before! But I really do like the palm shot in this link! It really reminds me of a Pro206 / Pro1000.

I’ve probably had my hand in 20+ Pro206 gloves, anywhere from they’re too big for my hand to I couldn’t get my hand in it! Rawlings struggles with this more than they should! But the great thing about the 206 is the pattern, it’s just awesome for infield........middle infield & 3B. Breaks in in the perfect bowl shape!

I have a 12” Wilson A2000 FP12 SuperSkin H-web glove that I’m staring at right now, some dad, a football coach dropped it off in my office Thursday for me to break in. Somewhat weird feel to it, I like the pattern but it just has a strange feel to it. The bottom 4” or 5” is really stiff, especially the heel and the very bottom of the palm, the upper part of the glove, the web & fingers are as loose and floppy as a butterfly net!

I have some kind of glove on my hand everyday, I’d never pay more than a hundred bucks for this A2000, just wouldn’t!

Jan 28, 2017
Decided to get the 12 inch closed web Marucci. Really nice but very stiff. We have time to break it in. Maybe by the end of the summer.

I have never liked the A2000 gloves and she doesn't either. I went to try on the A2000 and couldn't get my hand in it. DD has very small hands and said it was tight. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying