Glove Recommendations for Buckedad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
12YO DD is starting to ramp up speed and getting hit in some spots are starting to sting and thinking about a new glove. Old fielding glove isn’t cutting it. I assume if we continue this path, I should invest in a solid glove. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2018
I started here:
1644010488310.png

It was helpful too for the girls who would catch DD without a proper mitt.

When she got to 50 I went here:
1644010541557.png

It's a baseball 1st base glove and I used both the above together. Also added a palm guard glove too at some point.

Around 55 is when I finally bought a proper catchers mitt, and for my big hands the Liberty Advanced is perfect so far.

Jun 11, 2020
12YO DD is starting to ramp up speed and getting hit in some spots are starting to sting and thinking about a new glove. Old fielding glove isn’t cutting it. I assume if we continue this path, I should invest in a solid glove. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Liberty Advanced
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020
I have an allstar af. I really enjoy using it. I think ballgloves.com has em for 149 still. And they give 10% off and free shipping with their code.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have an allstar af. I really enjoy using it. I think ballgloves.com has em for 149 still. And they give 10% off and free shipping with their code.
Pretty much where I got mine. DD had the predecessor (CMW3000) her last 2 years of TB/HS ball and first 2 of college ball before it wore out. When she went off to college, I bought a Liberty Advance so I could continue to work with my catchers. She came home from School after Spring Break Sophomore year. After she left, I went to give a lesson and found my Advance gone and her old AS sitting there. She loved that AS mitt so in order to get even, I bought myself the AF Elite. Joke was on me though. She liked the Advance as much as her old AS and it got her through the final two years of college ball and she still uses it now to work with her own catchers she teaches and catching our TB pitchers when needed. Either one you can't go wrong with...especially for the price point when you find them on sale somewhere. But realistically, even not on sale they're both great mitts for the price.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I bought the CMW3000 and love it. DD wasn’t throwing terribly hard when I first got it, but happy to have it now. Great glove and fits my hand really well.

Apr 17, 2019
2nd this, got it there too. So far it’s protecting my hand a lot better then a mizuno I had, dd hits 55 at times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06