Glove recommendation for 12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 27, 2012
Recently upgraded my girl to a Mizuno Finch Prospect series. It was between the Wilson A100 and the Finch. Pretty stiff glove Fingers fit better in the Mizuno and after steaming it was great. Prior to that she had one of the very soft Wilson which still has a bit of life in it, but wasn't going to cut it with a 12" ball.

Jul 23, 2012
Thanks again for all the feedback.

I took my DD out Friday night where she tried on around 60-80 gloves from 4 different stores.

She ended up picking a Easton Natural Elite glove NES125. It's listed as a slowpitch softball glove but felt the best out of everything she tried.

Got home, oiled it up, bagged it over night, beat it with a rounded off mallet, worked it for an hour, oiled again, bagged over night again, worked it with the mallet again, bagged over night, and Monday morning my DD was loving it. She plans to use it in her first MS game this afternoon.

On a side note, I also picked up a brand new Miken EPS 12.5" FP glove from a vendor on ebay for $35.00 shipped. I threw in an offer of $30.00 w/$5 shipping which he accepted. Not sure if my DD will like it her not but it had great reviews and was so cheap, I had a hard time passing it up. Figure it couldn't hurt having a backup.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06