Getting white SB pants clean???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Stop by a do-it-yourself carwash. Hang pants where car mats are usually hung...take the powerful jet spray and target the heck out of the pants. :) I personally have not done this (I am on the Fels naptha bandwagon)...but I have heard raves about doing it this way. Seems like more fun than scrubbing soap bar against stains. ;)

Jun 24, 2011
Zote soap and a washboard. Old school solution learned from my buddy's mom from Mexicali that works like a champ!

Oct 16, 2014
we do the Fels naptha for the regular washing. Put the pants in a bathtub and get them wet. Then rub the bar on them and "scrub" them by rubbing parts of the pants together, fabric to fabric. Do this all over especially the knees, butt and slide leg. Rinse. Then I add them to a regular wash load. AIR DRY. Do not put them in the dryer or it will set the stains.

for a once every so often I soak them in White Brite. It will whiten them like new. Just be careful as it will bleach out any piping or darker color trim

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Definitely Fels Naptha. Keeps your pants looking good all year.

Funny thing - I've had parents a couple of years later ask "What was that stuff we used on the white softball pants to get them clean?" Not for sports but for other purposes.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
we do the Fels naptha for the regular washing. Put the pants in a bathtub and get them wet. Then rub the bar on them and "scrub" them by rubbing parts of the pants together, fabric to fabric. Do this all over especially the knees, butt and slide leg. Rinse. Then I add them to a regular wash load. AIR DRY. Do not put them in the dryer or it will set the stains.

for a once every so often I soak them in White Brite. It will whiten them like new. Just be careful as it will bleach out any piping or darker color trim

Pants have dark green trim so we can't do the brite white. But I am headed to the big box store for some fels naptha!

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Personally, while white pants do look really nice when the jersey/shirt is of a darker color, white pants are a complete nightmare to get white again once they've gotten dirty. That's why I prefer darker pants.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish