Generator

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
I have a Champion generator I use to run a Jugs pitching machine... works great... affordable... but you also have to deal with the noise it throws off.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Honda or yamaha inverter is what you want 1000 or 2000i if you want extra power. You can still talk standing next to them and your neighbors will like you more. Otherwise any will work. I have a Coleman 1100 that runs my fan and lights when needed. But it's noisy.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Honda is a great choice and they are very quite, but they are expensive. Figure out your maximum wattage requirement and use a properly sized generator.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Noise is the big issue. There is a good article in consumer report about ratings. It would appear gas beats out propane when it comes to how long it will run. Best deal is go to an auction. You can get one that is almost new that someone bought and never used it. I bid $200 on a $1,400 generator that had been used once.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I have used a converter on the old pickup truck to run 2 industrial fans and a pitching machine. If you are not familiar with a converter it converts 12V to 120V.

The only thing is the pickup has to be running and it has to be close enough to the field to reach with an extension cord, but works good.

The one I have is 2000 Watt.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
Just don't buy the el cheapo 2 cycle generator. Not only are they noisy they burn oil and smoke terribly.

Of course then you won't have to worry about the mosquitoes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan