General Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

General Question

• Player

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Umpire

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Instructor – Pitching

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Instructor – Hitting

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Instructor - Catching

• Instructor - Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Parent - Rec. Ball Player

• Parent - Travel Ball Player

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Coach- Rec. Team

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Coach- Travel Team

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Needed more then 10 items but tried to make do, anyways your current Involvement in softball is?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Only 10 items in the poll made it limited, school coaches were unintentionally not included too.

If you think about it, it is amazing how many different people are involved and their contribution.

Nov 29, 2009
I wear multiple hats when it comes to softball. I work with pitchers, catchers, slappers and help coach a travel team. I teach them drills to learn how to play the game. I also supply generous amounts of firmly applied shoe leather to the kids back sides to keep them hustling and motivated.

A couple of weeks ago a parent came up to me and asked me why I wasn't the Head Coach. He told me "You know everything about softball." I held my fingers about 4" apart and told the parent I know about this much. While holding my hands about 3' apart I told him the game is this big. The look of confusion on his face was priceless. I went on to tell him there are very few people who actually know everything about the game while there are plenty who think they do.

What you have to do is realize what your strengths and weaknesses are as a coach and teacher. Myself, I know I can never teach a high level swing. I can see what is wrong with a swing, but I don't posses the knowledge base to correct it. So I leave hitting alone.

As the pole shows, it take many different people to help a player succeed in the game. Expose your DD to many different people involved in the game. I will help give her the necessary tools to be able to attack a problem from multiple angles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish