Gate Fee Wrist Bands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
biggest park around, Lou Berliner park in Columbus (33 turf fields) charges $5 per day per car. more for RV's or travel trailers. No getting around fees these days. and no real way to drop off and let them walk. it's a HIKE from entrance gate to say field 30. i'd estimate between 3/4 to 1 mile.

fairly common to be $3-6 daily gate fee just about any tourney these days. The ones that don't really advertise the fact that they don't.

Jul 31, 2015
Now that DD is in college, I realize in retrospect how much travel SB is a money suck.
And by money suck I mean it's almost as if the sport exists as an exercise in money extraction.
From the equipment, to the lessons, uniforms, team fees, airfare, hotel, rental car, gas, gate fees, parking fees, coach gifts, team outings, food, drink, etc. etc.
So many entities playing on parents hopes and fears.

Baseball gets cheaper as you move up.

Jun 11, 2012
Well, if you find ways to cheat the gate fees and others follow suit then the price the team pays will go up in future years and you’ll pay it that way anyway.
Seriously though, if that’s a deal breaker you need to find your DD a cheaper sport.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619