GameChanger or iScore?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I have used both and settled on GC for ease of use. Iscore had better features IMO, ex spray chart without having to dig down to it and corrections after the game. PLUS it's one fee for the website vs all parents paying 40 per year. Still I use GC. I'd like to be able to import the lineup but most times having it shoved through the fence as the first batter is coming up is the norm. I usually just check and see how many are batting, add placeholders and fill in the numbers as I have time.

I'd really like to have a few more descriptions. LD to RF can be an out without being caught. I'd like a squibb hit, Texas leaguer or dink. I'd prefer all runners advance on a wild pitch if I move one.

Like others have stated. Try both and use what you like.

Jun 26, 2012
I have used Iscore the last couple of years and would highly recommend it. As stated above Gamechanger is not an option on Android, big mistake on their part. There's a learning curve as with any program but once you learn the right tabs to select and the shortcuts you score the game with no problems. Getting the lineups in is the most stressful part, I try to find the teams ahead of time if I can. You can find them on Iscore or I go to gamechanger.com, then go to Find Teams and find a lot of teams lineups that way. I paid the $20.00 for a team page to make it easy for the other parents to go follow games and see stats. Here is the link to our team page www.iscorebaseball.com/tnknockouts . Check it out, the password for Stats is knockouts . You can see how the Stats are layed out, more than anyone could possibly need.

Jul 23, 2014
We use Gamechanger and the parents all love it. I can always tell if I'm not hooked up to the internet when scoring because I get a lot of texts from absent parents trying to follow online. I will say that editing the scoring after the fact isn't good. You can change the stats/box score but you cannot actually edit the play. That and not being able to pull in lineups are the two negatives. It is very easy to use.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I have used both. GC is a little less button pushing. They are similar, IScore
is what we settled on. GC is easier to convey to families, iScore did more for me as a coach.

Keep the paper book handy when the battery goes dead in the iPad or it overheats on hot weekends

Aug 21, 2013
Make sure you have a unbiased person keeping score/stats or it can lead to some pretty good parent conversations.

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
We use GameChanger throughout or organization (5 teams and growing!). It is second nature to me now after 3 seasons and I was able to be all of the newbies on board very quickly. I agree about being able to import lineups, also being able to copy the locations and opponents database from season to season would be nice.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
iScore is significantly cheaper in case that is a consideration. With Game Changer parents have to pay to view it. We used to pay @ $120 a year to allow access for all of our parents, then two years ago they jacked it up to $250, so we made the switch to iScore and never looked back....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar