Prohitter, Thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I'm wondering what people think about the Prohitter and the Thumbpro. I prefer the latter because it seems more stable and doesn't move around like the Prohitter. I see a lot of MLB players with the Prohitter, I don't know if they get paid when they use it or whether they feel it helps. To me the main benefit seems to be that it keeps the bat more in the fingers. I don't know if I've ever seen either one in a softball game.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter used a pro hitter for a few months. It really helped her get the bat more into her fingers. At some point she stopped grabbing it from her bag and hasn’t used it in a while. But she thinks she learned from it and it helped.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
As I suspected these hitting aids are not very popular in softball. I asked the question because as I was reorganizing my lesson bag I found a patella tendon knee strap that I had purchased for one of my pitchers. It has a silicone gel pad that runs through the middle. My first thought was whether it would help with bat sting, so replaced the velcro strap with a smaller one which allowed me to put it on my hand, with the pad in the thumb crease and down across the palm. This placement duplicates the what the Prohitter does but adds significantly to the effect, now the bat is absolutely in all your fingers. I also tried it on the bottom hand. I have had several of my pitchers try it with a bat and they say that it definitely frees up their swing. When they start hitting after the Holidays I'll have them try it again.

Jan 28, 2017
Hitting guy in our area loves Jacks batting gloves. I think it's kinda the same as the thumbpro. I never used batting gloves. Hate the feel of them.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Hitting guy in our area loves Jacks batting gloves. I think it's kinda the same as the thumbpro. I never used batting gloves. Hate the feel of them.
I have played a lot of golf, so I am used to having a glove on my left hand. Plus the golf club handle/grip is smaller and held in the fingers more so that the shaft is more in line with the forearms than a bat is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles