Game Changer Laughs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Wondering if anyone has any funny stories about mis-management of statistics in GC??

Today I checked the box score of a 10U game for a local organization with notorious stat inflation and was amused to see a player recorded a two RBI bunt triple to the catcher—Boy I wish I was there to see how that was possible. The same player also “Doubled” on a “fly ball” to the pitcher earlier in the day.

i’m not sure if this is intentional inflation or just incompetence on the part of the mom or dad who is keeping the stats—-but funny nonetheless.
Funniest one I saw in a long time. A guy was thoroughly checking the stats for a rival 10u team to see if there was any shenanigans in how they scored a kids game his team wasn’t playing.

Oct 10, 2018
The father of the pitcher did the GC. One play when his DD was pitching, my DD, playing 2nd, dove as far as she could for a ball to her left, bounced off her glove, and was ruled an error. Another play DD was playing RF, a ball blasted over her head, she was in full sprint and the ball just hit the tip of her glove, another error. His reasoning was "if you could get a glove on the ball, you should make the play"
Pitcher's fathers should be banned from doing the GC, I have the same situation. Third baseman throws it 6' over my DD's head at 1st and it's an error--yes but well executed bunt, error on 1st or 3rd. Smash into the outfield error on the fielder. LOL. I hope no one takes game changer stats seriously.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I have to stop following the updates for a travel team that has a few of my players because the coaching running it just doesn't have a clue about the scoring rules. It's so bad at times that I know he's doing it wrong and I'm not even at the game.

Here are some examples:

"Player A advances to 2nd on defensive indifference, Strike 1 looking, Pickoff attempt at 2nd, Foul, Ball 1, Strike 3 looking. " - Player A was the first batter of the game. This was literally the first pitch of the entire game where there was a runner on base. I don't need to see the play to know it was not defensive indifference.

"Player B caught stealing home, catcher, Player C steals 3rd, Player D steals 2nd " - Player B is one of mine. She was most certainly not "stealing home." This play was a wild pitch/passed ball and she was caught trying to advance. And, of course, C and D didn't actually steal the bases on the play. They just advanced on the out.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
...my DD, playing 2nd, dove as far as she could for a ball to her left, bounced off her glove, and was ruled an error. Another play DD was playing RF, a ball blasted over her head, she was in full sprint and the ball just hit the tip of her glove, another error. His reasoning was "if you could get a glove on the ball, you should make the play"

She just wasn't properly equipped...

1615227345637.png

Aug 24, 2018
"Player B caught stealing home, catcher, Player C steals 3rd, Player D steals 2nd " - Player B is one of mine. She was most certainly not "stealing home." This play was a wild pitch/passed ball and she was caught trying to advance. And, of course, C and D didn't actually steal the bases on the play. They just advanced on the out.

Gamechanger doesn't have a lot of options. If a player is called out advancing from 3rd to home, you have 4 choices: Caught Stealing, Offensive Interference, Out on Appeal, & Other. For the advancing players, you have Stole Base, Defensive Indifference, Fielding Error & Other.

You have to take it for what it is. Understand who is doing the scoring and take it from there. I like it for Strike % and some other pitching stats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi