Game Changer Laughs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I remember I was doing GC for our team when I had to run to the “facilities.” I passed it to one of the girls on the bench who asked to do it until I came back. After the game, the mom of our pitcher who threw that game came and asked if I could edit the hits in that inning because her dh called and was freaking out that all of a sudden he could see while following on GC that his dd let up a bunch of hits (guess some should have been scored errors while I was away?). I mean, do people really care that much or think that college coaches scour over GC to recruit players?

Apr 28, 2014
I remember I was doing GC for our team when I had to run to the “facilities.” I passed it to one of the girls on the bench who asked to do it until I came back. After the game, the mom of our pitcher who threw that game came and asked if I could edit the hits in that inning because her dh called and was freaking out that all of a sudden he could see while following on GC that his dd let up a bunch of hits (guess some should have been scored errors while I was away?). I mean, do people really care that much or think that college coaches scour over GC to recruit players?
#1 reason why when I'm asked to do GC I claim ignorance. Can't deal with that drama. :)

May 4, 2016
Pitcher's fathers should be banned from doing the GC, I have the same situation. Third baseman throws it 6' over my DD's head at 1st and it's an error--yes but well executed bunt, error on 1st or 3rd. Smash into the outfield error on the fielder. LOL. I hope no one takes game changer stats seriously.

Yeah, and there are no wild pitches just passed balls.

Jul 27, 2015
Pitcher's fathers should be banned from doing the GC, I have the same situation. Third baseman throws it 6' over my DD's head at 1st and it's an error--yes but well executed bunt, error on 1st or 3rd. Smash into the outfield error on the fielder. LOL. I hope no one takes game changer stats seriously.
I did GC one year and my daughter pitched. At the end of the year, I checked to see the percentage of earned vs unearned runs she gave up vs the other pitchers. I was very happy to see my daughter, who had the best stats overall, also had the highest percent of earned runs on the team (as percent of total runs given up) So I was not too much of a homer.

I say never play on a team with 5 coaches and let the coaches keep the GC. Talk about getting hosed as a pitcher.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I used to keep the paper book for DD's TB 14U team (I refused to do it electronically because I wanted to be able to watch the game and was used to paper). The HC would then input the paper book into GC. I was an impartial stat keeper - if anything I was harder on my DD than I probably should have been (she was the catcher, HC DD was the pitcher). Somehow, magically (lol) when the stats went from my book to GC, a lot of WP changed into PB and his DD's batting stats improved immensely along with some of the other player's batting stats (my DD was the leading hitter). When I questioned him on it he said that it was for my DD's own good because he didn't want her to "get a big head". All of the players knew that it was BS and used to sarcastically comment in the dugout about how they were batting way better than they thought.

Oct 4, 2018
I have to stop following the updates for a travel team that has a few of my players because the coaching running it just doesn't have a clue about the scoring rules. It's so bad at times that I know he's doing it wrong and I'm not even at the game.

Here are some examples:

"Player A advances to 2nd on defensive indifference, Strike 1 looking, Pickoff attempt at 2nd, Foul, Ball 1, Strike 3 looking. " - Player A was the first batter of the game. This was literally the first pitch of the entire game where there was a runner on base. I don't need to see the play to know it was not defensive indifference.

"Player B caught stealing home, catcher, Player C steals 3rd, Player D steals 2nd " - Player B is one of mine. She was most certainly not "stealing home." This play was a wild pitch/passed ball and she was caught trying to advance. And, of course, C and D didn't actually steal the bases on the play. They just advanced on the out.

I saw this one last weekend. I'd post the screenshot because it's better told by Game Changer, but I don't want to show all the names of girls and teams and such. It went like this:

Sally doubles on a bunt to pitcher #7. Mary out advancing to home.

Aug 12, 2019
Slightly different scenario, but one of our local teams has been adding their wins to GC late at night. Clearly they are not scoring live, and their record in GC does not reflect the team’s season in any way.

Oct 4, 2018
I'm telling you guys, best thing to do if you run GC is to ask people around you to help make the calls. Fine the people who know the game well, and say things like:

"Error on 3b, right?"

"Single, advancing to second on error, right?"

Then either others hear the confirmation and back off before they even know to object, or you can say "I asked others for help on that call and that's what they said".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut