Game Changer Laughs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD hit a ball to the warning track with bases loaded and one out.

Scorer gave my daughter a fly out and then scored the run on tagging up. It should have been scored a sac fly. The "error" on the scorer made my DD's average go down 10 points and he and I are no longer friends. I've since gone into the stats and corrected them and made two of his DD's hits into errors.

Jun 19, 2016
My DD hit a ball to the warning track with bases loaded and one out.

Scorer gave my daughter a fly out and then scored the run on tagging up. It should have been scored a sac fly. The "error" on the scorer made my DD's average go down 10 points and he and I are no longer friends. I've since gone into the stats and corrected them and made two of his DD's hits into errors.
This is common. The fly out to center field/Runner steals home is heartbreaking. They also don't know how to score sac bunts.

Jun 19, 2016
The fielders choice no out is another one that is widely misunderstood. Also, there seems to be a lack of knowledge that more than one error can happen on the same play. In my son's game this last week there was a soft grounder to third. Third baseman bobbles it and the picks it up and sails it over the first baseman's head. They scored it e-5 stolen base. Usually when I score that I will just charge one error but I will use the "on the same error" function when moving the runner over.

Oct 4, 2018
The fielders choice no out is another one that is widely misunderstood. Also, there seems to be a lack of knowledge that more than one error can happen on the same play. In my son's game this last week there was a soft grounder to third. Third baseman bobbles it and the picks it up and sails it over the first baseman's head. They scored it e-5 stolen base. Usually when I score that I will just charge one error but I will use the "on the same error" function when moving the runner over.

Stolen base?!?

Sheesh people.

The fielders choice where no out is made is a tough one. Sometimes I honestly do award a single, just to relieve myself from the headaches of dealing with parents.

Aug 8, 2016
I have stopped giving fielders choice to my team when the outfielders throw out a runner at 2b. Too many complaints and it was usually the fault of the runner at 1b, so I avoid the headache now.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
Stolen base?!?

Sheesh people.

The fielders choice where no out is made is a tough one. Sometimes I honestly do award a single, just to relieve myself from the headaches of dealing with parents.
Except the pitcher's parents don't like it...going after the lead runner is usually the right thing to do but it does not change the fact the pitcher produced a ground ball that could have made an out at first. The fielders choice no out is neutral to fielder and pitcher.

Oct 4, 2018
Except the pitcher's parents don't like it...going after the lead runner is usually the right thing to do but it does not change the fact the pitcher produced a ground ball that could have made an out at first. The fielders choice no out is neutral to fielder and pitcher.

True, but I'm only talking on the offensive side. If little Sally hits the ball and gets on safe with no one getting out and no error, I just give her the hit to placate the parents.

If we're defense, I can put it in as a fielder's choice all day long. I don't think the other team cares about our stats.

Oct 4, 2018
I have stopped giving fielders choice to my team when the outfielders throw out a runner at 2b. Too many complaints and it was usually the fault of the runner at 1b, so I avoid the headache now.

So how do you score it?

Aug 8, 2016
Hit with an out at 2. Thankfully it only comes up once or twice a season now. It seemed to happen more in 10u and 12u.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802