Foul ball or not?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Lol, I was thinking it's not basketball. College football your allowed one foot out when making a catch. lol

Or ask the coach, So if she crossed into foul territory, then reached into fair with her glove and only tipped it, then you'd want that to be called a foul ball right?

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
Or ask the coach, So if she crossed into foul territory, then reached into fair with her glove and only tipped it, then you'd want that to be called a foul ball right?

He did not argue hard but kept talking to us about it while coaching 3rd (we were 3rd base side dugout). He seemed really ignorant about several rules which was surprising because his team is part of a very good organization.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
He did not argue hard but kept talking to us about it while coaching 3rd (we were 3rd base side dugout). He seemed really ignorant about several rules which was surprising because his team is part of a very good organization.

Sometimes "coaches" get brought into good organizations so their kid come too. A good local travel ball team pilfered the best players from all the other local teams by telling the dads that they could coach if their daughters jumped ship next year. My daughter used to play against them and they had 11 players and 8 coaches. The sad thing was they were stacked with talent, but were poorly coached and vastly underachieved.

Another organization let a real dumbass coach their top team because his daughter was one of the best pitchers in Michigan. They sucked because as great as the pitcher was her dad didn't know how to call pitches and fastball down the heart of the plate worked some of the time, but not all the time. He also couldn't recruit or retain the better players because he didn't know what he was doing.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Lol, I was thinking it's not basketball. College football your allowed one foot out when making a catch. lol

Well, no. In NCAA football, you are only required to have one foot in bounds. If there is a foot out when making the catch, it is no catch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06