Forum philosophy on pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The goal for this forum is to create a resource so parents can learn the basics of pitching and then teach the basics to their daughters. Then, if their daughters have the temperament and desire to become "really good", they can go to pitching instructors like Ken, Hal, Amy, Bill, and Screwball.

I believe that there are certain things, such as breaking pitches, that simply cannot be taught through the forum. On the other hand, enough of the basic pitching motion can be taught to give kids an opportunity to try pitching.

When I got involved in pitching some 20 years ago, there was nothing except a handful of contradictory and confusing video tapes. Finding a good pitching instructor was a little like Diogenes' search for an honest man. Through our collaborative efforts, we have created a tremendous resource for pitching.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
This is the best forum on the net. It's helped me tremendously and I've learned a lot. With some of Ray's advice my DD improved tremendously the last few years. Youngest DD is just starting to pitch. I am getting her started off much better than my older DD. I'm not as confused and I have the general idea of what she is doing and why certain pitches are the way they are.

Jan 18, 2011
I concur with all the previos posts. This forum has really help me out with instructing my pitchers and other players on my team. Thanks to you all!

Mar 12, 2009
I would definitely add Boardmember's name to the list of instructor's who has given a tremendous amount of good information.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd