Florida v. Alabama--base runner pulling ball out of glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
A little OT, but I don't have a problem with this. I didn't see the play in question, but if she trapped the ball and the umpire thought she caught it, it's not her job to tell him otherwise. Should a first baseman tell the ump every time she feels the runner hit the bag before the ball hits her mitt?
nope, it was just an interesting little bit of video

Aug 1, 2019
MN
...back to the topic....

There was a lot going on with limbs flying around for anyone to see what happened in real time. It happened so fast and it's such a bizarre play you see the call and wonder what happened. To me the biggest indicator of something weird was the runner spun around 180 degrees on the slide, but I still didn't know what was strange until seeing the replay.

-Apparently replay here isn't like other sports where someone on staff can get a sneak peek at the replay and let Murph know that he should challenge it?

-The runner was a freshman, I wouldn't have expected a move like that from an underclassmen.

-Echols got drilled in the ribs right after that. If it didn't score a run in a tight game, I would have thought it was retaliation. Watching Kilfoyl's arm circle and how she didn't finish the pitch like she normally does, maybe it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish