First visit to DIII - some help please!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I can understand them making strictly academic awards that early, since there is no need for FAFSA information, but I would expect any need-based awards to have to wait until the FASFA is complete.

For the OP: the Financial Aid office can probably tell you how they handle international students when you visit.

Probably so... I'm not very familiar with the need-based awards, since I don't qualify for any nor did any of my HS friends... darn our parents making too much money!

Oct 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
UPDATE

First of all thank you all for your advice, tips etc. Our first visit was very successful. My DD has been asked to play at this school. Great news! Our visit with the admissions people went very well and they suggested that DD should be able to attend the US school at about the same rate that we would pay in Canada which is what we figured would be the best we could do. DD has been asked back in the fall (she is currently a junior in HS) for an overnight with the team and Coach suggested she make a couple trips to watch the girls. We should be able to do that.

So the bottom line for us is that DD has been asked to play for this school (an excellent school by the way both academically and softball) and we are working with admissions on cost etc. An exciting time for DD - and Crazy Daddy too! So we continue with her other choices now. The roller coaster ride has begun!!!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles