First Varsity game!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We had JV games scheduled for Friday and then varsity on Saturday. My 7th grade DD was told on Wednesday she would dress with the varsity on Saturday.

Friday night was the first shock. In the first JV game as they were announcing the lineups she was at short. Quite a shock for the dad of a left handed catcher/outfielder. She moved behind the plate for the second game.

When we got to the field on Saturday I really wasn't expecting much. I figured she might run for someone or get an AB if the score was out of whack. We won our first game and when the lineups were announced for the second she was starting in right. She ended up getting her first start, first hit, and first SB in that game. They played 70 minutes games since they had 5 teams there playing two games each. Time expired with her due up in the top half of the next inning which stinks but at least for now she is batting 1.000 as a varsity softball player.

This is going to be a fun ride for the next few years. The team is young and the few seniors and juniors we do have play hard and set a good example for our young girls. The best part is our pitching is young with our best three being in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade so DD will have good pitching until she graduates. The young ones are also getting great experience as we did not field a middle school team so our JV is made up of 7th and 8th graders competing against everyone else's high school girls. The are 2-1 to start the year and I am looking forward to watching them grow as the year goes on.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD's school Team was OK, we absolutely clobbered some teams and we were absolutely clobbered too.

Huge difference in talent.

Last year they lost a game 50-0. DD asked how that was even possible.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes