First swing of first lesson. Last swing of second lesson.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2019
I’m going to share the first swing of first hitting lesson and last swing of 2nd lesson. I feel that there is good improvement but want to have your opinions. Just don’t want to take anyone’s money if I’m not doing a good job. And she did enjoy the lesson and parent told me she has gain a lot of confidence. I just want to make sure from me mechanic parts. . First swing

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019
I’m going to share the first swing of first hitting lesson and last swing of 2nd lesson. I feel that there is good improvement but want to have your opinions. Just don’t want to take anyone’s money if I’m not doing a good job. And she did enjoy the lesson and parent told me she has gain a lot of confidence. I just want to make sure from me mechanic parts. . First swing

. 2nd lesson last swing

. Sorry. This should be correct last swing 2nd lesson.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
So, you took a hitter that wasn't 'squishing the bug' too a hitter that 'squishes the bug'.
I'd start with a high/higher tee. Easier to teach TTB. If not teaching TTB then 'carry on'.

Jun 19, 2019
Definitely not trying to teach her to squish the bug. Didn’t notice it, so thank you for pointing that out

Jun 19, 2019
So, you took a hitter that wasn't 'squishing the bug' too a hitter that 'squishes the bug'.
I'd start with a high/higher tee. Easier to teach TTB. If not teaching TTB then 'carry on'.
And if you have any other pointers besides the squishing bug and hitting higher tee, definitely will listen. I do teach ttb ttb. Felt like she is doing that ok. I was going for stance and then a load with separation. The added head movement and squish bug was negative effect of that. I can show you a video of my DD batting. What I’m going towards but you can definitely tell me anything there as well.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
f13f7190ada01e00c6ec3f35555e438acfcde5d6.gifv

770e374c35cc46db90a283be297d319ff118ab6e.gifv

A lot to like it this swing. Just watch the dropping of the hands. DD is dropping hands then TTB. Also going forward with the body( I know you said something about separation).
Take it for it worth....I'm usually wrong.

Aug 20, 2017

. 2nd lesson last swing

2nd swing looks better to me. Looks like she tried to keep rear foot down longer which allows the “feel” of the core turning the body. Would like to see some stride and stretch action. Barrel is getting dumped behind her some. Work down hill during stride (look up bonds/yelich drill, do this first) then incorporate some tilt (Antoneli tilt don’t rotate drill, second) to get her working uphill after launch. As always, Justin Stone Feet together stride and hit drill is great for teaching a ton of good stuff.

Jun 19, 2019
f13f7190ada01e00c6ec3f35555e438acfcde5d6.gifv

770e374c35cc46db90a283be297d319ff118ab6e.gifv

A lot to like it this swing. Just watch the dropping of the hands. DD is dropping hands then TTB. Also going forward with the body( I know you said something about separation).
Take it for it worth....I'm usually wrong.
I think you are correct. Thank you

Jun 19, 2019
2nd swing looks better to me. Looks like she tried to keep rear foot down longer which allows the “feel” of the core turning the body. Would like to see some stride and stretch action. Barrel is getting dumped behind her some. Work down hill during stride (look up bonds/yelich drill, do this first) then incorporate some tilt (Antoneli tilt don’t rotate drill, second) to get her working uphill after launch. As always, Justin Stone Feet together stride and hit drill is great for teaching a ton of good stuff.
Just watched that drill today. Plan on doing it. Thanks. You are saying when her stride foot goes forward, her hands should go down? I thought you want hands to stay back until stride foot lands? Trying to get that separation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles