First outing report

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2011
DD (11) pitched boys baseball last fall, strong arm and not bad (only girl in league), but I figured she would be better off playing softball going forward. This winter we went to weekly clinic and practiced throwing 3-4 times a week. At first the underhand motion was awkward but she kinda got it. First game was Saturday (11-13) and she and the 3 other girls who came in (to give it a try) pitched a no hitter!!! The bad news is they lost 16-15. DD walked 12 and then it was a steal-a-thon. Other girls came in in the 6th and walked....well everyone they faced until DD came back in. I am not kidding when I say the opposing team did not swing their bats 10 times during the game - they went up there to walk and succeeded.

Interestingly, when DD went back in relief, with bases loaded and no outs, she struck out the side on maybe 11 pitches. For some reason she was much more relaxed.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sounds like she is a scrapper... I love people who get knocked down, brush themselves off, get back up and say, "I'm ready for Round 2."

But, I can see that you are clearly a newbie daddy. As some pointers, you must say:

(1) Your DD has 8 pitches and throws 65 MPH.
(2) UCLA has already offered your DD a full ride. *AND*
(3) That the walks were due to the umpire's incompetence.

If you don't include those statements, we old-timers will treat you like a reasonable adult--which you obviously can't be since your DD is a pitcher.

Apr 13, 2011
haha yes my DD has 14 pitches including a 38 MPH riseball that rises SO MUCH that it NEARLY goes OVER THE BACKSTOP!!! It is a sight to behold. Also has what must be a screwball that targets a right handed batter's ankles (on one hop). So I guess that must be a drop-screwball.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
haha yes my DD has 14 pitches including a 38 MPH riseball that rises SO MUCH that it NEARLY goes OVER THE BACKSTOP!!! It is a sight to behold. Also has what must be a screwball that targets a right handed batter's ankles (on one hop). So I guess that must be a drop-screwball.

Now you are getting in the spirit

Oct 22, 2009
Reminds me of a game one of my pitchers told me last night.

She said she pitched 4 games and 2 innings of an ITB game. I was assuming the 2 ITB innings were in a game she pitched, she's a very good pitcher and I thought it was a low scoring game so I asked her what the final score was.

She said 15-17! All I could think of was OMG! What were you doing!?
Turns out she came in the game just to pitch the ITB innings.....whew!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck