First offer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Congratulations! How old is your DD? My DD is first year 14U and some of the 'intense' parents on our team want to start playing showcases next season (second year 14U). While I would love to do it if they are convenient, just curious how much of a benefit it would be at 14U vs. waiting until 16U to spend the money to go to California or other locations that require a plane ticket!

From my perspective I would get your DD into at least one big out of state tourney per year at the 14U. 14U girls are ripe for seeing and digesting (for potentially the first time) the talent (and numbers of that talent) at a national level.

DD here is 16 and her two years going to CO & ASA nationals was invaluable in making her a big-game player.

May 15, 2012
California
Congrats on the good news!!!!

Also keep in mind that you can reach more coaches by personally emailing your daughters skills video to them ...especially if the show cases are near the school of her choice and leting them know you will be close by. Its worked great for even some of our JC girls moving on to 4 year colleges...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00