First Base Gloves...?s

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
You can tell all of your DD's friends that she's playing with a Walmart special ��

That's where I bought her first glove and bat...probably 12 years ago now...

Buying equipment for 3 DDs in HS/Travel fastpitch at one time = my entrance into the Ramen Noodle Hall of Fame...:D

Jul 25, 2016
The Rawlings DCT first base mitt doesn't stand for Dual Core Technology, the pattern came out in the early 1960s and was originally called the "Double Ca-Thud" mitt (DCT). Sounds crazy, but a google search will turn up all kinds of 1960s Rawlings literature. Just to make things confusing, Rawlings does sell a dual-core leather version of the mitt, but the ones that start with PRODCT or PROSDCT are the good ones.

Feb 12, 2014
My DD has a custom 1st base mitt from JB Custom gloves. To me, their Pro model was as good a quality as any glove on the market. If you don't like the Rawlings, you might want to give JB a shot. Great glove and even better customer service. You can find them via google or on facebook.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Rawlings DCT first base mitt doesn't stand for Dual Core Technology, the pattern came out in the early 1960s and was originally called the "Double Ca-Thud" mitt (DCT). Sounds crazy, but a google search will turn up all kinds of 1960s Rawlings literature. Just to make things confusing, Rawlings does sell a dual-core leather version of the mitt, but the ones that start with PRODCT or PROSDCT are the good ones.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/00cAAOSwWxNYvIZD/s-l1600.jpg
Here's an old vintage DCT that clearly shows the Double Ca-Thud in the pocket.

Jul 25, 2016
A word of warning if you're considering the Rawlings: A Heart of the Hide DCT takes a looong time to break in. My DD received a tan one last summer, and the ball still pops out occasionally due to stiffness in the lower palm, which for a 1st base player is .. not great. Everybody complains about the dual-core gloves, but you could buy one of those and use it *this* season.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
She currently has the Xeno fisst base FP glove, but it got really floppy in 9 months.

I know several people who have had their DD's gloves "rebuilt/relaced" for less than $50 and most said it was like a brand new glove. Something to consider if your DD really likes her current glove.

My DD is not a full time F3, but she uses a Vince BV-1929L when she does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414