Feedback on 13YO DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Hi All, I've been a long-time lurker who has tried to understand the I/R concepts, but I'm still a long way from have total control over it. While her current instructor has no real concept of I/R, she does seem to teach things correctly, and has her on the right path. Having said that, my DD does tend to get sloppy with mechanics and I know she still has a lot to work on. Would love to get some feedback on the first thing we should focus on. My gut tells me it's stabilization of the upper arm prior to release, but I'd love to hear from the pros.

I know there's a small leap in there, but she tends to do that when she's on grass. She's better in the dirt.

Appreciate the feedback!

Greg...I'm sleep deprived and forgot to add this gif to my post...here's a comparison your DD can look at...

2l8ckyo.gif
280tctc.gif

Hope that helps give a visual to what I meant by posture in my original post...CP

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I disagree.... She definitely is coming forward during the release phase.

Sluggers...of course she's coming forward during the release phase because she was already forward coming into the release phase. I think my marked up gif of this illustrates my point...go frame by frame vs Ocasio...

This is NOT a FSR issue IMO...CP

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Greg...I'm sleep deprived and forgot to add this gif to my post...here's a comparison your DD can look at...

2l8ckyo.gif
280tctc.gif

Hope that helps give a visual to what I meant by posture in my original post...CP

2 things that seemed to have help my daughter from coming forward with her body.

1)Get her glove whirl up higher, closer to 2 o'clock while maintaining a bend in both elbows. This will help tilt her body back some and fix the timing issue with her arms. Both glove and pitching arm should be coming down at the same time. Her glove side is ahead.
2) Get her to tighten her core.

Here is a video about glove whirl and balance:
[video]https://youtu.be/-kYv0mhNAek[/video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-kYv0mhNAek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma